Re: LF: Running 2 WSPR transmissions, how to stop them TX'ing at the sam

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Running 2 WSPR transmissions, how to stop them TX'ing at the same time??
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 07:33:13 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=v3QJpGn7ATPGZjD1KO6tqLhAFifT/52kzaXOYJBJwWk=; b=OfVG1i2LqPUmaxl2qJfxLzb6m0Rw+DtSUoxAsei4KpVij/BRlDf01qjx1mL9o3UhGh hCoAdcM8CZdCGROQEWqZgIdJ7yX+BkovO48B3ftJwr6CGpZuQ1sUtZw7frybNFIJQEOJ Z8FsOSd0x1Z7ZRRDlVPaq2eai60XAupMnRLGmwkRaUWxU+C96fdFynD37B8qn27Ev/1I Y/Xde8yhE9xw7dkoGzQVI1rt7gEjPLSyjt1aL37Ng0KzOnU2UbirOn3dgAejIqNNJ2ZN cGJ9qpV/Y63ROmb4+CRw3lbXEzKDeJsPN8JpNPIfkSxR0jYCHsl2BitZg8RUSaLVc3lL KV1Q==
Sender: [email protected]

Correct.   I have a PIC that reads timing data from a GPS and at the right timing uses a set of pre-stored WSPR symbols to calculate the frequencies for the tones and sends the resulting data to an AD9852 DDS.  Different symbol sets (for the two messages) and frequency data is stored for each of the two modes.

A pseudo random (PN) sequence that repeats every 30 with enough '1's placed in it to give the desired duty cycle is used to decide the Tx pattern, to decide if a transmission of either type will occur in a particular slot.  The same PN sequence is used for -2 and -15 modes, although different repeat squences and different lengths could just have easily been implemented for each mode.

At every two minute slot as read from the GPS timing data, and assuming a -15 is not currently underway,  the position in the pattern is examined to see if a -2 transmission should start.   Similarly, at every 15 minute slot if a -2 transmission is not underway, the position in the -15 pattern decides if that starts.

Although both -2 and -15 transmissions use the same PN sequence, they are stepped though based on the results from stepping theough the other and a semi-chaotic combination results giving a pretty random combination of -2 and -15 transmissions with the correct duty cycle on each.    The only contention is at :00 and :30 minutes if both are scheduled to Tx, in which case  -15 mode dominates.

The DDS output feeds the 700 Watt switchmode transmitter which has been would back to a rather benign 500 watts for these overnight transmissions.

Andy G4JNT