Re: LF: Distance of LF vertical antenna element from lattice work steel

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Distance of LF vertical antenna element from lattice work steel mast?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 19:16:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris another thought.... put some of the loading coil at the top of the tower, the trouble with this in your situation is that it stops you operating the aerial on other bands.

Look at it another way.....you want to avoid diverting current into the tower metalwork until it reaches the full height. It get less important as you go higher, so pull the loading coil 3metres of so away from the base of the tower and run the "vertical section" at an angle to the top of the tower. The tower should be grounded. Also keep it away from brickwork and/or foliage which can be lossy when wet.

Alan
G3NYK