RE: LF: MF TA spot tonight

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: MF TA spot tonight
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:39:11 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jan, MF

>>Your antenna certainly added the radiation performance,.
>>Understand that you have the feeder and coil "high".

Yes. It is hard to believe but this setup is providing a great effectivity

I'm lucky to live in a 26th floor building tower. And the antenna is a 10m
vertical
with two 6m "arms" as top load. The coil is at the base of the antenna on top
terrace
at 80m height from ground. The ground side of the PA output goes down to ground
using
a pipe inside the building. So the high voltage section is from coil to 10m
vertical
And the 80m pipe running down runs only RF current, which is less than 1A
Using this power levels I have had no interference problem, so far (fingers
crossed)

So, this is why I said a 80+10m vertical top loaded and top feeded

>>As you may noticed your sigs are quite strong here, sometimes in the + over
>>region of SNR over a distance 1500km!

Yes, I check the WSPR spots. F5WK gives me a +13 many times. I have not managed
to get more than +5 on
my monitor at 7Km. And last december I made some test with very low power.
Injecting just 0dBm to the antenna
I could get decoded by EB3FRN at about 300Km using Opera32 over MF

You can have a look to this area using Google Earth. All is rendered in 3D and
you'll see how many high
building towers are located here. Benidorm is called little New York because of
its skyline
So far nobody had the chance (or crazy ide) of using this towers as MF antennas
:-)

73 de Luis
EA5DOM