Re: LF: Re: FR5ZX WSPR again

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: FR5ZX WSPR again
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 12:01:01 +0100
Cc: "DELMARLE Michel" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Here's another plot for FR5ZX decodes showing Thursday / Friday night. Nice to see even more stations making it to La Reunion!

Generally I would agree with Alan that low-angle ground reflections from a planar dielectric surface (sand) may be nearly as effective as from a conductor (salt water), and that on the other hand scattering off mountain ranges may significantly hinder or interrupt long-range propagation. However the Sahara is not really all flat...

Yesterday night propagation appeared to be weaker and short-lived - only 18 spots alltogether and the last one at 22:46 UT. Coronal mass ejection arrived on earth?

All the best,
Markus