Re[2]: LF: Capacitive top hat question

To: Graham <[email protected]>
Subject: Re[2]: LF: Capacitive top hat question
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 20:15:51 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Graham,

Friday, November 6, 2015

> Not sure why you talk about wire separation,
>
> Verticals  properly  are  quire simple, this is  not a  pure
> vertical  and not  very  simple  to   evaluate ,  Your making the
> assumption, that the  system stops  radiating  at the  point  of  connection
> to the   loop ? .
>
> The  feed  is  at the  corner making a  Y   and  not  a  T .. hence the
> question  ,
>
> At  what  point  dose the  transformation   take  place ,  radiator to
>
> G,

I am very interested in trying to understand how this thing is
radiating, to be honest, given how low the loop is where it is fed by
the vertical, and its close proximity to the gable end of the
bungalow, I was not expecting it work at all well. What would happen
if I un-strapped the bottom of the ladderline and tried to feed the
loop as if it were still my HF loop? Could it be loaded like that?

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]