LF: Capacitive top hat question

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Capacitive top hat question
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 16:29:25 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

On my 136khz set up I have a short piece of ladder line (about 16 feet
high, strapped together at the base only) feeding the corner of my
horizontal quad loop, which is about 460 feet in circumference. If I
am TX'ing with WSPR I can walk around under all of the loop and a
fluorescent tube at waist height will light quite brightly. Should the
loop also radiate as well as the vertical section? Sorry for the
probably naive question, I am not sure whether it's normal or not,
thanks.

--

Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]