Re: LF: Automatic variometer circuit

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Automatic variometer circuit
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 22:09:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris,

Am 29.10.2015 21:26, schrieb Chris Wilson:
[...] albeit my loading coil needs manual
tweaking  to  move to the right part of the band. Not sure of the best
way  to  remote  tune it, it would be nice to have the ability to move
about  the  band  without  running  outside in the dark. I may start a
thread about what alternatives there are, thanks again Erwin

I'm using a motor driven variometer which uses the phase meter circuit of the M0BMU LF tuning meter. It is working well on LF, where my antenna resonance is so sharp that i have to re-tune when doing QSY by 7 Hz.
See:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19882028/LF/LFtunemeter.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19882028/LF/DK7FC%20Automatic_variometer_tuner%20.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19882028/LF/automatic_variometer_board.jpg