Re[2]: LF: Where to measure antenna current?

To: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Subject: Re[2]: LF: Where to measure antenna current?
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:25:16 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello John,

Monday, October 19, 2015

Thanks  John,  yes it does help, much appreciated, but what I am still
unsure  of  is  if  my  Scopematch,  that  shows  voltage  and current
waveforms,  is  also,  on  the  current  waveform,  displaying antenna
current? Does it not "do the same job" as a current meter?

With apologies to Kev, who has never heard of anyone with so many LF
issues ;) I have had to run half power recently, as full power is
tripping the house RCD after a minute or so of transmitting. I am
ordering some FT-240-77 material toroids, and building an isolation
matching transformer, instead of the auto transforming coil, in the
hope it cures this domestically disharmonious issue! I also have a two
piece E core to try. The fact it also triggers the workshop alrm is
not so big a deal as I can at least turn it off when transmitting. Has
anyone else had issues with RCD's and LF?

Thanks again.

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]