Re: LF: Should I be aiming for a better match than this?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Should I be aiming for a better match than this?
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:53:42 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris,

Just adjust for a maximum antenna current. This should be at resonance (U in phase with I), unless you're using a class E PA :-)

73, Stefan

Am 13.10.2015 17:34, schrieb Chris Wilson:

Got my (brave...) friend adjusting the variometer in real time whilst
I talked to him by phone, and whilst transmitting at one setting below
full power. I watched the `scope in the shack for best results. Is
this an adequate match or should I get better than this? I think it's
a resistive mismatch that's showing? It's a pain not having a colour
scope but I am pretty sure it's amps leading volts being shown here.
On full power the amp trips out, not sure if it's SWR mismatch or
current overload. Will need to check that out. No arcing at the
matching and loading coils though.

http://www.chriswilson.tv/best-match.jpg

I  built  the  Jim  Morittz  scopematch  using  the  capacitive divider
circuit, can i work out the antenna current from this? Thanks.

2E0ILY