RE: LF: Protecting a MOSFET driver chip from MOSFET failure?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Protecting a MOSFET driver chip from MOSFET failure?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 14:35:01 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Maybe also worth to mention:  Capacitive coupling of the driver to the gate will reduce the peak voltage at the gate by half (assuming 50% duty cycle).

The IC driver voltage should be at least 12V in order to ensure proper switching of the MOSFET.

If you use a transformer (as suggested by Stefan) one can fiddle with the transformer ratio to get the proper voltage at the gate.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T