Re: LF: Eb/N0 values for amateur modes

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Eb/N0 values for amateur modes
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 13:33:52 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Peter I will email John to see if he remembers it.

Yes DFCW is more like cable telegraph code the elements are the same length and there is no need for inter character spaces. I dont beleve any of the decoding was done electronically so some of the information dot-and-notdash or dash-and-notdot is not used. It prime use was to make best use of the favourable fade conditions by getting information transmitted in the minimum time for a given element length. Even with condition unfavourable and not supporting full identification it was easier to detect a frequency shifted signal that OOK on a steady carrier.

Thanks for your table it is very interesting.

Best Wishes
Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pieter-Tjerk de Boer" <[email protected]>