Re: LF: Eb/N0 values for amateur modes

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Eb/N0 values for amateur modes
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 09:54:35 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=G+uI0HhVNifLmzmx1oYYfFLuwBG9c6O0gu9FLoeZUNk=; b=mRUEEHlq8BftzCYHN0AYRuM7qnANwV/EgI3ZMBsOKGc1g17ZqHr6c3/RMWQ62WgtDA h6kWNP5JkJJUSf11yzM/xVqaZv4ckEEROnylZORpqZA3cnsszxGP3miySXaX0DyoAsnZ tHex0/KGrE6Q1ji3LWgNoXnhLxVNs3kUSAmErEZe3P56R1Ez0uk7pLzU0Lr8Kw+DJJAM kntsT6SQnqr6KqlGEaqTA5aMuufQeG3IT26ZJFu6rUxjENVl7fiaLHUln4DupgwIrzOA 4bPNZetWcm+LilwpoQMH4d2sDgStJQDUSvh/rD7T4eksMwZdeR8gM5hFrLvlXeLCu4ml sjYA==
Sender: [email protected]
Andy, G4JNT, had a piece in CREGJ in 2012 about assessing SNR for voice, CW and
single tones. See http://bcra.org.uk/pub/cregj/index.html?j=78.

John F5LVF

> On 10 Jan 2015, at 23:13, Alan Melia <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pieter, Dave G3YXM and I did some quick and dirty estimations of QRSS
> about 10 years ago on 136kHz I cant remember whether we did DFCW where the
> main advantage is that it is faster, but the decode threshold is about the
> same as QRSS  It is a little subjective but the results seemed reasonably
> what we might suspect.
>
> They may be on his web-site still  www.wireless.org  I think the we only
> considered fully reading the ID and Dave reduced power until it was not
> possible to decode. The results were in line with the FFT resolution used,
> but we have no measured values.
>
> I believe someone in the States also did some tests, John W1TAG could
> probably help there. They may be on the LWCA web-site.
>
> Best Wishes
> Alan
> G3NYK
> G3NYK
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pieter-Tjerk de Boer"
> <[email protected]>

[email protected]

Researching history of RABSON, BLACKSHAW, GAUNTLETT, VERLANDER and ROBSONNE