Re: LF: MF CW now!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MF CW now!
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:18:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Ok Paul,

Its round the Q and Q + not Q , configuration , the latest drivers allow that to be selected , the single feed seems to work fine , but still needs some filtering to prevent images ..

I think, possibly a pass band limited pre-amp would help for MF/LF , the gain drop's past a couple of MHz and the 200 ohms z needs some matching , may be the mini-whip is providing this aspect ?

There are image responses linked to the sample rate , a pre-selector as opposed to a 'tuner' would be 'ok' for HF , I think .

I have another 'now' low band dongle . used to be high band , but after a 7 MHz session , with it connected to a 10 mtr Ae , the vhf front failed .. so that's a candidate for mf/lf conversion , these have two life's !

One of Jim's two active device band limited pre-amps , with 200 ohms o/p z would be ideal , or use the toroid as the o/p coupling device ? that may be the most elegant configuration ?

73-G,