RE: LF: Re: U.S. VLF License WH2XBA

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: U.S. VLF License WH2XBA
From: Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 23:43:10 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
JD;
VLF from what I can see, just after a couple days is cold and uninviting environment!  I enjoyed before transmitting, the clean airwaves free of the loran artifacts and other various signals that were somewhat of a bit irritating!  But those LF bands had life and one could poke a good signal out.
I have a few things to do that might soften things up.  QRSS60 or 120 I don't think are going to get the job done.  My transmitter needs a bit more work such as a tuned input circuit to keep the exciter generated harmonics out and amplify the desired freq more efficiently.  Certainly not giving up yet although things don't look easy.  May be next season to make a good showing but for now will keep plugging away best I know how.
On a positive note I did get a great capture from Garry K3SIW west of Chicago along with a couple others out even further west and south of here in Virginia and SC.  Hitting Jay with almost audible signal ever so close where we are hoping to have a cross band QSO 137 to 29.
Going to be a learning experience! Thanks for the confidence-73, Bob