Re: LF: RE: Article on VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Article on VLF
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:47:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John,

The problem with most (but not all) digital voice systems is the RX receives 'all or nothing'. If the SNR drops below a certain threshold, most of them will not give any copy at all.. much in contrast to the good old analog modes, which -depending on the operator's skill- still allow communications. A system which automatically adjusts the compression / quality to the path conditions would only work on a two-way, at least half-duplex link which may be impractical for the 'portable' underground station...

73,
  Wolf .