Re: LF: Article on VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Article on VLF
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 07:57:47 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date:message-id :references:to; bh=+SuZEE8//8qijrRBCUA1CZsMz3OL/B86snSomo8wJzI=; b=Vi93bJKiLsMTIPOyzWtg9/p1HwLzXiSYWKCxDbdhEPhov31gFG6BODh41ZLzdtb4vS FwDWrO5s8UNLK920EycLj6cybzWtZggDupGIGArXOP7vyjP1AWOPmW+msz292ULX+KFw zVOuDBbLGlWRtAMoUlHAlSPbMAIaq7ZEgUtRRBs+wl8YVb2BrcK4dwLVQ+MKS1jAx932 oIUUQTNnhlVXZ/lBGfdCTabutfbz2pzwd0Dv7DfQ06UwiboWs8rpAjPpva8QoVCsCJqx e/HW4iGSJDvFwedzZsFnFU6izfRxqBRZ7925BQc/bvF+MiTj0kozEC8DRgMw7G1BtJOB 4+3g==
Sender: [email protected]
On 2 Dec 2013, at 23:18CET, Graham <[email protected]> wrote:

> You could even tailor it to letter frequencies, e.g. one short pulse for E,
> one long pulse for T, ...
>
> Ah , some  sort of  drifting  oscillator  ? the  longer the  'on time' the
> more  in moves
>
> would  sound   something  like a Bird  'Chirping'         could  call it
> 'Chirp’  !

How about Time Encoded Speech?  In one version you analyse the input waveform
segment by segment and compare each segment with a library of templates. You
then send the ID of the template which is the best match, its amplitude and its
duration. The speech waveform is reconstructed at the far endi.

John F5VLF