RE: LF: 74kHz - WG2XRS/5 callsign at last (2of2)

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: 74kHz - WG2XRS/5 callsign at last (2of2)
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:11:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Oh yes. But it is a little early in the year and it will reduce as it
does on the other low bands, with some zero static days. When we had
the band some years ago, we were mostly using CW and QRSS3 over
shorter distances (my record was about 1100km) but we tended to
operate early in the morning when the static was at its lowest.

I reduce the interference here by using the quite effective noise
blankers in my Afedri SDR receiver, together with lots of fast AGC.
Then heavy limiting and a further noise blanker in SpecLab. The
resultant 'holes' are small compared with the QRSS60 bit length.

de Mike