Re: LF: 74kHz - WG2XRS/5 callsign at last (2of2)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 74kHz - WG2XRS/5 callsign at last (2of2)
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:30:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Well, Dex that was the good news. The bad news is that, as I
cautioned earlier, the lower noise level lower in the band was a
function of my antenna pass band, and not of absolute noise. I re-
tuned to a lower frequency and it wasn't any better. So the current
frequency seems as good as any.

Interestingly, I left my SDR plotting a few kilohertz around 74k last
night with long integration and I could see the shape of my antenna
passband produced by the night-time static acting as a broadband
noise generator. At last, I have found a use for that pesky static!

de Mike
=======