Re: Fwd: Re: LF: VK1OD's analysis of the MiniWhip antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: LF: VK1OD's analysis of the MiniWhip antenna
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 00:57:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Pieter-Tjerk,

Am 13.07.2013 12:35, schrieb Pieter-Tjerk de Boer:
[...]
It is physically impossible for the probe to cross multiple equipotential
lines.
Yes, sure. My explanation was not complete. Of course the plate is at one potential, just as the grounded pole. So the equipotential lines in the sketch will go a different way when the probe is placed on the top of the pole. I meant that the optimal position of the probe must be there, where the density of the equipotential lines (and so the E field strength) is as high as possible, so that the capacity against the far field is as high as possible and the capacity to the grounded pole is as low as possible, so that the capacitive divider is optimized.

This was my comparison to the transmit antenna as well. It will not help just to increase the capacity (just to need less L so the coil losses are reduced) when the E field lines are nearly exclusively and directly run to ground (like in a fixed grounded capacitor across the coil). This describes the capacity between probe and ground...

73, Stefan/DK7FC