Re: LF: 472kHz Band QRSS

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 472kHz Band QRSS
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 14:56:29 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Chris

There was a initial  setting  at the  top  of the  band  for  wspr  , along  with  other  beacon and  data  modes  , leaving the  rest of the  band  clear  and    maximise the  distance  from  live cw  working  etc

however  as  you  point  out,  qrss  now  also  sits  mid band as well  , I don't  think  we  need  to  look  too  far to  spot the  origins  of the  problem  though , as you  note  ,  Tweedledum and Tweedledee  have  been  running  a  Iceland dog-bone competition  over the  last  days

As for  a  few   'Hot Dog'  TA  activity's  , it can bee  see  that  wspr  provides sufficient  gain for  TA and other   dumb beacon dx'ing  on 500  ,  qsb  patterns  preventing   ultra long  qrss  decodes  as  noted   years  ago...

Food ? anyone for a  Hot-Dog ?

73 G ..