Re: LF: 472kHz Band QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 472kHz Band QRSS
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 16:58:45 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
There are several issues here:

(1) We have a very narrow band, which exhibits much stronger local
and DX signals than the 136kHz band did. Therefore, there should be a
combination of self discipline and planning.

(2) It makes sense to have at least an idea of where particular modes
can be found. If a signal other than 'normal' CW is heard, it should
be obvious (from its approximate frequency) what type of software to
use to decode it.

(3) We have quite an organised community in this and the Yahoo
groups, so changes to any centre of activity can easily be discussed
and propagated.

On a personal note, I think QRSS works better than many modes very
close to a band edge because of its tiny bandwidth and need for very
accurate tuning. And just as annoying as QRSS in the middle of the
band are CW QSOs taking place very close to datacomms activity.

Mike, G3XDV
(temporarily QRT on transmit but monitoring - see
http://g3xdv.blogspot.com )