LF: NOV 472

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: NOV 472
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:25:59 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
MF info
After all the discussion that took place yesterday about a NOV issued for 20th Decemer 2012 until December 2017. Today I applied via the same RSGB website for a NOV which I thought would have the new date of issue 1st January 2013 until 1st January 2018.
This application was REFUSED stating that I had already been issued a NOV.  Therefore my conclusion is that my original NOV issued yesterday morning is still current and valid as stated from 20th December 2012 until 20th December 2017.
I expect others will find themselves in the same position.
It now appears that there are two sets of NOV for the 472 - 479 Khz band and likewise for the 5 Mhz band.
I would have thought the easy solution to this problem would be to have stuck to the original NOV issued on 20th December 2012.
this would have avoided any further confusion, especially since there is only a few days to go until 1st January 2013.
Mistakes and misunderstandings do happen between issuing agencies and a simple solution is usually the answer.

de G3KEV