Re: LF: UK - MF - LF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: UK - MF - LF
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 16:40:22 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Mal,  In sure  if  it was a  contest  band ,  would  of  been  sorted  years  ago  , number  of  people  walking  round  the  convention  with  DX T -shirts   , looked  more like a  geologists   convention  , with  I've  been  to  a  strange place  , one  had  even  been  to  Christmas  island   no mention  of a  geiger counter or   film   badges  though ,  as  from the holiday   pictures  the  place  clearly  has not  been  decontaminated  , odd  destination , I  used to  work  with  one  ex  national  service  raf-gef   who  had  stood  at  ground  zero  under the  cloud  on what  he  described  as  a  large  glass  'frozen lake'  [ though  actually  it  was  still   hot]  , taking  radiation  reading  with a  hand  held  meter  , assumedly   where the  fire-ball  had touch  ground ...

Yes  voice qso's  are  now  often  with  alien   beings who   have  a strange   codified  language   based round  comparisons  to  inanimate  objects  like  , walls  , tree's, flowers  numbers etc

With  the  eventual  passing  of  any  hands  on   technical   aspect  of  radio  , this  is  not  going  to  be the  limit to  devaluation ?

G..

Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:53 PM

Graham
Since the RAE tick test started, Morse test scrubbed, Beacon mode started, Amateur Radio has declined and has become a joke.
I am not surprised OFCOM is not in any hurry. Different story to years ago in the GPO days, queries answered immediately and changes notified well in advance. Amateur Radio in the past was an honourable persuit and valued.
g3kev