LF: Receive interference at MF

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Receive interference at MF
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:03:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Geri,

Have you looked at your ground system? On 136kHz a network of earth
stakes works well as a receive ground. However, I have found that at
MF (including topband) I need insulated radials to reduce the
interference from household electronics, particularly my own plasma
TV. On 500kHz, the best results involve disconnecting one (but not
all) of my earth stakes, and on topband I disconnect all of the
stakes. My garden is only 20m long but I still get receive
improvements with radials.

Mike, G3XDV