Re: LF: Re: 502 CQ

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 502 CQ
From: Holger 'Geri' DK8KW DI2BO W1KW <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:17:05 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan,

Yes, it's partly due to groundwave/skywave conditions but I am already known as the crocodile (big mouth, tiny ears) over here in Northern Germany because my signal is 599 all around while I can barely hear people. On LF I had optimized my receiving system pretty much but on MF I have a high noise floor, probably from household electronics. One solution surely is to put an e-field antenna some 25m away from the house into the garden, equally far away from all houses in the neighborhood. Currently I am using my transmitting umbrella antenna to receive, which always proved best on LF but probably needs some re-thinking for MF. Additionally I got hold of a R&S EK070 on EBay last week and I am eagerly waiting for it to arrive. At least then nobody can complain that my receiver is lousy ;)

Lots of things to do and to explore on MF, which is a great part of the fun. And until I am fully set up for TX and RX on 475 kHz I use some non-amateur communication devices such as Echolink and VHF repeaters to do my day-to-day communications ;)

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW & DI2BO