Re: LF: Receive interference at MF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Receive interference at MF
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:18:52 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I do not use a transformer, and this may well help at MF.

I only transmit on 136kHz (where noise is not a problem) and have
tried a transformer to improve the match. However, although the match
is slightly better, any advantage is consumed by losses (heat) in the
transformer (my Tx has 800W output).

When I start to transmit on 472kHz next year, I expect to need a
matching transformer. The transmitter power will be lower, so heat
dissipation will be less of a problem.

In the next few days, I will try a transformer just on receive and
report back.

Mike, G3XDV