Re: LF: Re: Kyoto Dst question

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Kyoto Dst question
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:47:48 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1342734478; bh=xkhovFO0U01RJp33647QXIK0glwYXrs0E9YG3I1P/m4=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=jKIuxWGOSAdcsouH+V85PhJk48J6e85chtfV03pn0NaMhozGVbV3r1FwnWQKUPRhqOIyl7xYdmC5yA5Aq4pR7qk6vwt7uuG7TQvLyDvwaX1VCb+fu1mLqRwE8XHMgkovdhmyF78T6YiwzcoowniXoDydV70nK5wjDvquUNbxtXQ=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=D8/4jCjN13MuuhMwIwNHwutETsUMp5knSz/BOEyA8lExVRnG2EaDumbknhTzqK++XoKCjly0RBlF5brMxFNION0FEEky3NNLB/Lc8Ev44T4e8JZIr4GycHU2Xv3JqXI4gj7MIlMPRJGD6mFnqAXD0xd7jdAD+qi3/effxfQzgp8= ;
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Roelof, thanks for those comments, very interesting. Yes the "multipath"
fading can vary quite noticably over area of around 20km. If the fading
period is faster you can see the same shape but time shifted. At the peak
you rarely get more than 6dB enhancement (two equal strength paths in phase)
but when they go out of phase the cancellation can cause the fade to be very
deep.
The Colorado Uni site.....note it plots Kyoto as well
http://lasp.colorado.edu/space_weather/dsttemerin/dsttemerin.html

Alan

.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>