Re: LF: QRSS Tx on SpecLab?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS Tx on SpecLab?
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 00:43:22 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Mike,

If you want to have a key instead of a tone, then you must make a logic level from the tone. There are several possibilities of course. You may use a bipolar transistor that is switched by the soundcards tone, then a diode and a RC circuit and a FET to key the PA. If you just intend to transmit QRSS-3, then the time constant is not critical, maybe 0.1 seconds or so. And a tone of 1 kHz or higher.

But why do you want to use SpecLab for keying the PA if you don't need the tone? The normal QRSS3 is perfectly generated by Rik's program.

73, Stefan/DK7FC