Re: LF: RE: Special Research Permit extension

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Special Research Permit extension
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:50:41 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
According to some German radio amateurs heard on 80 metres it could take years if ever to get a 500 licence. France does not seem to be in a hurry either.
I found in the UK years back dealing directly with DTI in connection with 6m permits they were very helpful, also the Post Office of yesteryears when I got a 1 kW nov for HF around 1962, a few others had similar licences. The local inspector would call to satisfy himself that the person concerned had the knowledge and expertise to handle such a station.
In my case the Inspector was Fred Ward G2CVV
G3KEV