LF: Re: Re: RE: Re: NDBs & WRC-12 LF band allocation

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: RE: Re: NDBs & WRC-12 LF band allocation
From: "Gary G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:23:06 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Mal & All,

Mal wrote :-
***********************
Another problem for those with Ferrite rod and uProbe RX
antennas they will not hear a lot of these Beacons and therefore could well
be transmitting on top of them.
Surely (like me) when operators are transmitting they will receive on the same (Tx) antenna. This will make the system roughly compatible with other users on the band ie. same antenna in use at both sides, so usually if you can hear them then possibly they will hear you. Also there are published frequency lists for these in band NDB's, so have a list next to the operating desk (I have already).

Someone has already mentioned the ERP limits, presumably this has also been considered in respect of secondary use & interference to primary users.

73, Gary - G4WGT.

----- Original Message ----- From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>