Re: LF: Tuning inductance for 137kHz receive.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Tuning inductance for 137kHz receive.
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:20:24 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1326370812; bh=jokMNw7tWkUbdnrCq0ZE45IVpQeNlKKN9f4gZcocRzw=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=HYcx6WAv/gQ1RGMqa/51cCr+xlstPkes2yoL14i/luXFNTdHyBrauOI32XbmkWq7FK3u+vrffiYOKWbbtUurmQOZtYrx3qSNcFIBMtXfAhW1pXChm1HLVsl04zAUe/Ei8x18I/CirvfitMpmxdFBZevBw8/+z3AbBXm8qS46rxw=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=DxkkXC3aoMmCG6E6Qjeq11NRGTZ3CZyA3hvV5tJfMKksIuFmSgPGO9qeVvutYoWShGproCdSXtRiVg0gLqcHdIkBVxDSeZXh21oPjrsdXTiZ7seQ6d49L9ev6Qlz+qVRi5e4DOSwME0pABBuu331JBkezxezAvWxOS10ceV6s7I= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Martin here is a relatively quick and dirty way of making a largish variable
inductor.
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk/lfaecoil.htm
varying the pie spacing changes the inductance

However for recieve only switch you sub' box to the next biggest value and
connect a multigang variable cap in series to "tuneout" the excess (I use a
2 gang 500pF) You can easily find the tune as the noise peaks in the middle
of the swing somewhere.

Alan
G3NYK