LF: Tuning inductance for 137kHz receive.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Tuning inductance for 137kHz receive.
From: "Martin Evans" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:44:50 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

I use a decade inductance bridge to series tune my (approximately) 50m end-fed inverted U wire for 137kHz.

It uses 3mH - 2mH is too little, 4mH is too much. Obviously I need to be able to vary this inductance rather more finely and I thought of using a small variac (don't laugh!) as a variable inductance, connecting one end, and the tap, in series with the wire.

Anyone know what the "inductance per turn", or total inductance, of such an animal might be?

Any idea if it would work?

Yes, I know I should wind a coil & tap it, but I like to be different!

Martin GW3UCJ Swansea, South Wales.