Re: LF: 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73kHz
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:59:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
At the risk of starting a backlash from people here saying, "don't spread the activity even more thinly", is it worth a serious push for 73kHz to be made available again in the UK by NoV?  If the allocation is quiet then surely on a strictly limited access, low ERP, basis and for a limited time there might be some possibility?

For 8.7-9.1kHz we managed to persuade OFCOM to talk with the Met Office, and several of us did so directly to argue our cases, and the outcome was positive and in not too many months.

I know we have discussed this before.

73 (yes please!)

Roger G3XBM