LF: noise on VK and earth dipole tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: noise on VK and earth dipole tests
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:37:03 +1100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

Last two or three days have been rather noisy, yesterday I had to turn
down the volume of the receiver as the static was reaching annoying
levels. But hey, transmitting _is_ fun and I am sure you will have
plenty of reception reports, even if you don't make it to VK this
time.

I am so jealous of the amateur density in Europe and the level of
activity over there on LF - here, I need to drive to my country block
to set up my transmitter, transmit, then go back home to check the
received signal in my grabber!

By the way, has anyone in the group experimented with transmitting
into the ground with earth probes? It seems to be working reasonably
well here, in fact I have been thinking that it's comparable to my
very limited inverted-L LF antenna...

http://people.physics.anu.edu.au/~dxt103/136/earth/

73, Dimitris VK1SV