LF: SNR of DCF39

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SNR of DCF39
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:18:17 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority :importance:x-mailer:x-mimeole; bh=zhStG41Zj12iNnDiJCP+b66QPOLQXxm9WNAyiXvfpzw=; b=ZPESiRhzsW/+8m3cXuM5WcKtl9kIbXmGD2LWUb6ufwgoWBM+/qVR3p5DrWXvHPCqki ljzrTzNE336fSTCAYjz1zo6KKd+HYVQJ+bVBNmoUqj7QR6RywJ9xkybInR8K7FcxHQPY DJMYfEtmQlv+yhDMDWgX78ln/fceMTj4VL/h0=
Sender: [email protected]

James (et al),
Your measurement of DCF39 being 82 dB above the noise sounds about right. My first measurement (65 dB here in PA) was with the miniwhip only 3 meters above ground level – and with many fluorescent lights still on.
Albert PA0A measures 92 dB in 1 Hz and Roelof 85 dB.

I just measured DCF39 again, with the miniwhip at 11 meters, it is now about 78 dB above the noise (in 0,5 Hz). The improvement agrees with what I already saw with Speclab.

But is still not as good as it could be. When I find the time I will drive a copper rod into the ground. Will report on the outcome!

73’s
Minto pa3bca

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
-----Original Message----- From: James Moritz