Re: LF: Re: HB9ASB... SNR of DCF39

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: HB9ASB... SNR of DCF39
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:08:38 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Tonite i also did (again) measurements of DCF39.

I did a recording of the soundcard input of my LF grabber PC, so the signal was coming from the homemade E field probe, 35 m above ground in Heidelberg.

It was a silent night.
At http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/LF_wide_in_1Hz.png one can see my DCF39 received signal and its ugly sidebands. The displayed SNR is about 80 dB in 1 Hz. This is without noise reduction, so connected to L1. Note that the background noise is 20 dB below the LF amateur band (analog filters in front of the mixer). So does this mean i would receive DCF39 at 100 dB SNR in 1 Hz?? Well, it was night time...
Anyway my RX seems better than i expected, unfortunately ;-)
Something must be wrong anyway. I expect DLF causes problems when running 500 kW at daytime.
Have to repeat the comparison with the loop, nulling out DCF...

73, Stefan/DK7FC