Re: LF: DK7FC

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DK7FC
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:15:16 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for the report and the screenshots and measurements.

Yes, this was my first slow hell transmission at all! Today i used the H bridge the first time after reducing switching losses significantly. No local EMC problems so far. I am about 8 dB below maximum power now. I took an external power supply for testing which was the limit.

The H bridge is rather immune against mismatch (in contrast to the class-E) so i thought it will survive a slow hell test. This slow hell transmission was done at -6 dB below the QRSS transmissions. The PA is still no linear mode PA, no AM part added so far. Anyway it works, due to the comparator in the TX mixer...

Jim, hope to see hear you again soon! Remember our kite /p CW QSO in January 2010.

I've built the loop on your design and the preamp, so we should inaugurate that ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC