LF: Re: HB9ASB...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: HB9ASB...
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:02:57 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority :importance:x-mailer:x-mimeole; bh=TKfsKObmgjFmIfu4AgFWdzQMGgJu2iLEkhTIaqs9Lug=; b=SbGnC4VDoOszzdf1jcet86v1fwx9//eW7SZVgCr6zeEMquuv7WfMXdMzwyjnQRpp9E hvseU6i4lF4tjkGj1wr9jbyMnYRntDcYLfVjtNk0J0J8veweMTrOcVh8j77erUDbsEhu wsHSqOdvAK0Lz56hgCfxg9CEF3T0+PNdibIYs=
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Roelof,

Yes, the noise that is picked up in the house will travel to the miniwhip, that is also my experience. (But now I am a bit confused how it then gets back to the RX, by capacitive coupling to the e-probe or because the coax IS the antenna, or both. Have to think harder) Just as a test I created a choke in the coax, somewhere in the garden (wound some of the coax over a largish ferrite rod – will measure the achieved inductance later). The QRM from my Alinco SMPS when tested was noticeably lower, even though I did not ‘Ground’ (sorry Andy) the coax.

Regards,

Minto pa3bca

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
-----Original Message----- From: Roelof Bakker