Re: LF: Re: HB9ASB...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: HB9ASB...
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:41:19 +0100
References: <[email protected]> <67A6F7BF45BF4A0193A3DCB53000A283@PcMinto> <008401cc56ce$2f1fb2c0$0401a8c0@xphd97xgq27nyf> <12C475F3F4C84B818461753F2E8A60A6@PcMinto> <[email protected]> <8D68749D37B94275855FDBA46A3F6C97@PcMinto> <[email protected]> <CAA8k23SzJFi2tGfkN0fSRMi9bCwa_63uWiAZSV3P+dxcKfuSpg@mail.gmail.com> <op.vz1omdp2yzqh0k@pc-roelof> <[email protected]> <op.vz1uhozmyzqh0k@pc-roelof> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Daniele
I would expect to Receive virtually no signal using an optical cable, because one of the dipole elements would be missing and you would only have the small probe element doing all the work and capturing little or no signal. The probe element has to be tuned against something and if you take away the coax feed cable the only thing left is the small cct board that might act as the second element but this again is so small that signal pickup would be very low ie very little signal capture area.
This type of antenna does not sound attractive to me.

I have a commercial LF ships probe type antenna about 1 metre long as one element and a wire hanging down as the Second element, the assembly has a preamplifier and coax feed to the RX.

mal/g3kev