Re: LF: Ferrite wideband antennas?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Ferrite wideband antennas?
From: [email protected]
Date: 19 Aug 2011 22:47 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Daniele,

I guess the information You want is also contained in my email, at least indirectly.

A german receive-only radio amateur has built such a ferrite antenna by cut and try only and finally succeeded to receive VLF with a ferrite rod combined from serveral ferrite parts and has written an article about this in the german radio amateur magazine cq-DL. He described his rod according to its dimensions and number of turns but did not give its inductivity; at that time he could not measure it. We have been in email concact for some time on the subject of inductive broadband antennas, and I have encouraged him to buy a Rohde & Schwarz LARU which had been offered to him. Now he knows the inductivity of 3 mH which he had achieved!

Finally he has kept this ferrite antenna and some others
 for higher frequencies for portable use. But for his home installation he has adopted the principle of using a wire loop (even larger than mine) and a transformer to the 50 ohms cable. I have found my dimension rules for loops by using the ARRL Radio Designer.

OK?

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB

"Daniele Tincani" <[email protected]> schrieb:
Hello Ha-Jo,

thank you for your reply, which contains many interesting information.

However, please note that my question was specifically about the possibility to realize wideband rx antennas on ferrite cores.

Best regards
Danile