LF: Re: Ferrite rod antenna - on-air testing

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Ferrite rod antenna - on-air testing
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:52:48 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
This looks encouraging Jim for the ferrite rod/antenna approach.
What value uH inductance es C  did u need to resonate on 137. I wonder how
good it might be on the long haul DX compared to the loops that you use or
even larger inv L antennas.
I am getting results with a ferrite bunch rods(9) and a suitable C to
resonate but without a preamp the signals are well down, however it is
inducing some voltage into the RX.When I get time I will build a preamp.
I expect there are limitations but never the less a useful antenna.

mal/g3kev