Re: LF: Spectrum Lab problem

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Spectrum Lab problem
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 17:59:52 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Alan,

This is just wild guessing but it has me out several times with other things
....like changing the switch settings on old printers and HPIB instruments.
:-))

Actually, nicely observed Alan. A part of the problem may in fact be caused by the fact that the 'settings' (parameters) are modified by one thread, but they affect another thread (= the 'worker thread' which processes the audio samples). I didn't want to stop and restart the audio process after changing most parameters, unless really unavoidable (for example the sampling rate requires closing and re-opening the soundcard, etc).

Sometimes it helps to stop and restart the 'sound thread' through the main menu ("Start/Stop"). This doesn't erase the FFT-feeding buffer, but may kick the process alive again.

73,
   Wolf DL4YHF .