Re: LF: 8.9khHz noise

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8.9khHz noise
From: Chris Osborn <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 17:01:55 +0100 (BST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1304352115; bh=f0yFTtPymRwuabpLVfzimmsn6EbC+pLNDxCRW4dd56w=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=s6Bi93075OkFLGKVY/N4t4eHU37ffhSS2nLB5MolEPPC5QmNosZp2F03KFEjqtyG1Wv4C/B/emJZwoKiM1gAAszYMSGFHZz81m0GWXfw1IUMG6/1r654wCwtRWQT0LPEb8Q60c0+7Xr87ptKawP/J/XB9BN5oUu6xAq2eKku2mY=
Sender: [email protected]
Eddie, Stefan, LF,

The wind has been in the NE here too for a few days so I was unable to launch my kite.
I need a southerly wind direction to in order to clear my neighbours' houses.
It has been far too strong for balloons also.

I have made no significant changes here Stefan but I do seem to be getting slightly more aerial current for no obvious reason.
I now have 0.24 A

As I may have mentioned: I plan to increase my aerial's height and length by several metres in the next few weeks so hope to be putting out a better signal then.

I am still experimenting with matching transformers but have trouble in obtaining any suitable ferrite cores.
If anyone could sell me an ETD59 type core I'd be much obliged.

I'll go VLF QRT in a few minutes as the noise according to Eddie's excellent grabber is now burying my signal.

I think that April may have been a record month for temperature here also; I can't remember one quite so warm. There's a cold, fresh wind today though.

73
Chris G3XIZ