RE: LF: MSK with a Class D transmitter...?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: MSK with a Class D transmitter...?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:58:18 +0200
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Andy, Scott, Wolf,

indeed WSPR is MFSK, I should be reading mails more carefull.
Some time ago I was thinking about running WSPR with a "divide by 2" class D PA and wrote a small piece of software that created WSPR audio at double or quadruple frequency shift. Modulating a SSB TX at 2MHz with quadruple shift WSPR audio signal produced a nice WSPR signal at 500kHz after divide by 4.
Due to lack of time I haven't done any on air tests, but if anyone wants to try I can provide the software.

Another thought :
If one could "fool" the software about the soundcard sample rate it would be possible to get frequency doubled audio from any existing sofware.
Ie: Let the software believe that the soundcard is running at 11025Hz while it is running at 22100Hz.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T