Re: LF: MSK with a Class D transmitter...?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MSK with a Class D transmitter...?
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:15:48 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Scot

Big problem is if you have a division in the drive train ... depends what mode you want to transmit , if you can select a shift x2 or x4 the required , then you can drive down the divider train , which in turn reduces the deviation to the required level by /2 or /4

harmonics are another way , bit messy , but say to tx wspr on 500 , take the first harmonic of the 'correct' 500 wspr drive , 1 MHz @ shift x2 , > filter> then present this to the divide /2 driver chain , tx is then 500 'correct'

Gary has used this to TX ROS and WSPR on 500 in the past via his class D amp

There was / is a version on ROS MF that could be used to drive a DDS , (although time expired , will run if the pc clock is retarded)

The ROS 8 KHz data mode has a class E/D setting, where the TX audio drive is outputted at 16KHz , with x2 shift , to simplify the use of a logic drive amplifier ..

Patrick of MULTIPSK , did code a special test version that produced a x2 shift , that may be of use ,

It all  depends  which  mode  you  want to  transmit .......

However , something that may of passed un-noticed , Jim's design for a EER transmitter uses a pair of complimentary output devices , thereby allowing the direct amplification of any mode , without a divisional drive system to produce the 'complimentary' drive to the final ...

G..