Re: LF: Re: WRC-2012 proposal for 'near' 500kHz band(s)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: WRC-2012 proposal for 'near' 500kHz band(s)
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:20:23 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
David es Co
There are many thousands of old radios in use on AM medium and long wave
around the UK es EU.
also
Lots of EU countries are still on band 1 TV, how about that for progress
!!!! of course not a threat to 500.
When  6 metres opens up I am swamped by TV qrm.
Do not underestimate the amount of old analogue systems still in use in EU,
some countries in Africa are well ahead
By the end of this year all TV will be digital in the UK, the down side is
most TV news pictures are  blurred slow motion and speech is garbled with
echoes
There is a benefit in bandwith but quality has gone, look closely at print
on digital tv and slant lines are serated not straight
Is it any wonder so many persons these days are cross eyed and squint and
have asymetrical Ears
g3kev