LF: Re: Re: CQ WW

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: CQ WW
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:44:51 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Jim
Not sure to whom u are addressing your QSO procedure remarks.
I have made numerous QSO'S over the years on QRS mode and know exactly how
to proceed and do agree with you, but I hope others take notice.
I have noticed this year that QRS QSO'S are getting far too long winded by
some sending Name and Locator for example.
also prolonged sending of callsign when an ID is already established.
Some have got so used to Beacon mode that they have forgotton how to engage
in a QSO.
QSO mode needs procedural Skill whereas the beacon operator just plugs away
hoping that he might be heard/seen and generates lots of QRM into the
bargin.
I copied XGJ solid last nite on his first call but unfortunately he had QRM
problems and I did a QSY and he missed my request to STOP so that I could
give him a OOO report and hopefully receive one back. The previous nite I
was visible on the Jay and Dex grabbers which they kindly switched on.
With my antenna system at present, same TX/RX antenna,  TA signals peak
around 2400 utc building up before and tapering off after then peak again
just before sunrise.
You know my LF antenna system, 3 x inv L in parallel each approx 100 ft
vertical and 450 ft horizontal tapering down at the far end, small litz
wound loading coil and matched to 50 ohms going to TX/RX
Power at present about 0.5 w erp and can QRO to 1 w erp from home made TX
73 de mal/g3kev