Re: VLF: OE5ODL,OE3GHB and DF6NM on 8970 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: OE5ODL,OE3GHB and DF6NM on 8970 Hz
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:39:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi!

Since about 11:00z, I'm using DHO38 as a reference for my carrier on
8969.98. As it can be seen on your grabber, frequency is stable.

I'm using a 3,5mH surplus DCF77-Ferrite rod (20cm by 1cm) resonated to
roughly 22kHz with a 15nF capacitor. GQD on 21,4kHz also could be
received by this system.

Coupling to sound-card is done by a secondary winding of about 30turns.

No active parts required. Just fed into the Mic-Input.

The ferrite-antenna is in the garage where the Notebook is and about 5m
away from the loading coil. DHO is about 20db over noise in the
wide-band-view 0-24kHz when the rod is properly adjusted. GQD is about
the same. So in case DHO is on "breakfast-brake", GQD could be used.

73
OE3GHB
Gerhard