Re: LF: Re: BBB-4-like receiver ready for first tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: BBB-4-like receiver ready for first tests
From: Daniele Tincani <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 07:47:56 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1289231277; bh=Plm6ON5Ji8f44Eb40YF9Yz4ZutvjqBlupWJ1vvKCESI=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=GJs13VeLXT5uGOzNkhaw/Za9pfxXbKbhhEgL2JlC9xJIZpj6av+/rm60AB0Cxam7+2skvJHfRoLtU4sLfncWC7e5uRfB3YjhOdG10beupbw9H8YPpM2JaiUTSu+iwHe0iDmhU9PNOHGDVgCKVNLXr1yaiu/iKnNjrRPzMUccnwU=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Jim,

and first of all thank you very much for your help.

The Agilent was set for an amplitude of 50mVpp but I don't know if this setting applies to noise generation as well (I think I should study the instrument manual better :-)).
However, on SpecLab configured with "factory" settings, my soundcard usually shows a noise level < -140dB, when no input is connected to it.
Also consider that when I created a short circuit on the antenna input of the rx (see Q2 in my e-mail), I got a response curve on SpecLab similar to that I had with the Agilent, but with a peak level about 30dB lower (about -107dB around f=2KHz on SpecLab).
I also tried with a sine wave at 1KHz with the minimum allowed amplitude on the testset (50mVpp as said above) but this resulted in a lot of high-amplitude harmonics (n x 1KHz) at the output of the receiver, so I thought that may be even the minimum output level from the Agilent was too high for the rx input dynamic range.
Best regards
Daniele