Re: LF: Re: BBB-4-like receiver ready for first tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: BBB-4-like receiver ready for first tests
From: Daniele Tincani <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 22:18:17 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1289283497; bh=nVJlUuub2oz+rQUAwSPTPU9sK+F/AJ4iwS4l3aEylFM=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=aU2ARewiRbSyTyTrZ2m+MJYttEfLxZn4nR/vud08jcnOlwdXWxIkhXA83/e2L1AhahD80/ax7ykqd9OdMUMhhxzKbrF4dh9gkP/NQFk0cHFhYe8inKewLkDVgU28HzKBy2fZiFRtqrHLevwx+Wh40DHKB1qTdcZIQKo8OUCSFys=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Alan, LF, VLF,

thank you very much for your suggestions about how to perform more sensible measurements.

The Agilent 33120A is a general-purpose function generator. Among other functions, it is specified to produce a noise signal (gaussian) with 10MHz bandwidth. Amplitude can be set between 50mVpp and 10Vpp into 50ohms, on open circuit (probably on the BBB-4 hi-Z input) the amplitude levels become 100mVpp to 20Vpp.

At 50mVpp (I admit: with no particular precautions about case leakage, coupling, etc.), it looks pretty flat on SpecLab at about -114dB (long-term average value), at least up to 22KHz with 48KHz sample rate.

The souncard alone shows a noise level which is much lower. Please see my attachments.

Best regards
Daniele